Job & Internship Opportunities
If you are interested in helping Illinois Partners on a volunteer basis, please email us at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest!
ILLINOIS PARTNERS FOR HUMAN SERVICE: POLICY INTERN
Illinois Partners for Human Service is seeking a Policy & Government Affairs Intern for the summer and fall of 2013. We are a state-wide organization of over 700 members located in every legislative district in Illinois. We organize the human service sector and influence public policy in order to win sustainable outcomes to ensure quality services, adequate funding, and measurable results.
The policy intern will work at our downtown office and will assist with multiple projects within our organization which include but are not limited to the following:
Research, creating advocacy tools and crafting data sheets on specific topics and legislation
- Assisting in creating Letters to the Editor
- Developing literature related to Debt Restructuring to offset back bills in Illinois
- Supporting the development of a centralized vault of information required of community based providers
- Developing and facilitating our “Issue of the Week” Campaign
Strategizing for advocacy efforts and engaging key partners and decision-makers
- Bill monitoring (Nepotism Bill, FOIA in Nonprofits, etc.)
- Developing policy recommendations and advocacy goals
- Managing and delivering action alerts and other communications to our membership base
- Drafting testimony for our Executive Director (as-needed)
- Participating in regular call-in meetings with our Policy and Membership Engagement committees
Supporting the internal capacity building of
- Helping to cultivate our “Illinois Together” Campaign
- Updating Internal Reports
- Working to sustain our current Local Area Councils and develop new councils
- Other projects as they arise
- Grant Research and Writing (previous experience in this area is desirable)
Day to day tasks are fluid and our objective is to keep our members ready to react quickly to new policy priorities. The policy intern will need to keep current on both state legislative and administrative efforts as they develop.
The internship is paid and requires 20 – 24 hours per week, depending on schedules. The
intern must be a continuing graduate student in public policy or a related field. He/she must be an excellent writer and be able to work independently in an environment where priorities
change quickly. Please provide a resume, cover letter, and short writing sample (two pages maximum) to Betty at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Illinois Partners for Human Service Policy Intern.” The anticipated start date for this internship will be Mid June 2013 and will conclude in December 2013.