WE'RE BUILDING A MOVEMENT IN ILLINOIS! JOIN US!
Illinois Partners for Human Service is building a movement in communities around the state to educate and inform human service providers and their clients to advocate for the basic rights we all deserve. Our human services network supports the most valuable asset Illinois possesses - its residents.
This system must be well-managed, maintained, and renewed in order for people and communities within it to remain healthy, safe and prepared for current and future economic challenges to its well-being. By raising the collective voice of our over 800 coalition partners, Illinois Partners fosters collaborations to achieve quality services, adequate funding and measurable results for those most in need.
We can't do this alone- we need your help. Click here to join Illinois Partners and become a part of this movement!
Building on the work of the Alliance for Health the State of Illinois is launching an effort to develop a Path to Transformation Medicaid Waiver under the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services waiver authority, Section 1115 of the Social Security Act.
Here is the draft of the 1115 concept paper. If you are interested in providing ideas that can help shape the goals and strategies of the waiver, we are inviting you to submit written recommendations (no more than 5 pages of double spaced text per organization) to HMPRG at email@example.com, using the subject line "1115 Waiver", no later than November 25th. Click here to read the comments submitted by Illinois Partners.
On December 13, 2013 the first draft of the waiver proposal will be released and on January 5th the draft waiver will be posted for comment. On January 15th the final waiver will be submitted to the federal government agency February 15, 2014.
Issue of the Week:
Supporting the organizations that help our families is a key responsibility of the state. Paying the not-for-profit human service community providers for services delivered to those in need is the number one obligation of the state.
Please click here to support these services in your community. Learn more about the need for Illinois to pay its overdue bills and how Illinois Partners for Human Service is fighting for the dignity of all Illinoisans through the restructuring of our State's debt.
Click here to view the full report as of January 8, 2013
Communicating Your Story
Your story and message is important when communicating for change. Here are some useful tools for communicating with your community and media outlets: (Making The Case: Documenting Outcomes and How Have Continued Cuts to Human Services Impact Residents of Illinois). Also, let them know...
- Human Services must be a priority for their community.
- Rebalancing, the closing of state facilities, and the movement of individuals into the care of community-based providers requires thoughtful planning and community support.
- The FY13 budget has been signed by the Governor; the Illinois Department of Human Services received a reduction of approximately $200 million.
- Since FY 2009, the state has slashed about $950 million - over 20 percent - from Department of Human Services' grants to community-based providers. We need these harmful cuts to our sector restored!
- The combination of continued cuts and chronic late payments to providers is devastating Illinois' ability to meet the needs of its most vulnerable residents.